Adega Mayor Comendador White 2016 Sale
- Regular price $38.00
Vineyards that give rise to fresh and remarkable wines grow on the plains of Campo Maior. Is was on this undulating back that arch. Siza Vieira designed the distinctive lines of this winery. That is how you design a landscape and how you dream wines that make this a Major winery..
Juan Pablo Villota - Colombian Coffee Expert
Juan Pablo Villota believes colombian coffee should be treated like a great wine. Its terroir, its flavours, its aromas — all of these things should be considered and appreciated.
What's This Class About?
- The origin , and product proposal as a key factor to produce and enjoy a high end single origin Colombia coffee
- Short introduction to Café de Colombia as a origin
- Characteristics, Regions, Structure
- Brief explanation of the coffee plantation and transformation of the coffee fruit
- Harvesting, post harvest, dry mill and roasting
- The importance of sorting the coffee fruits
- Five Step Selection Process
- How to brew a great cup of coffee
- Extraction forces, coffee ratio and particle size
- Recipes using V60 ( gravity force ) and Coffee Press ( immersion )
- Learning to identify and to enjoy a specialty coffee cup
- Origin, labelling, family,
- Senses: Visual, Nose ( fragrance, aroma ) and Palate
- Flavor and Aftertaste
*(If attendees want to brew their coffee brand and share their cup comments are more than welcome)
Why take this SommClass?
In 1972 Mr. Gustavo Leyva acquired the Alsacia farm in Buenavista Quindío, a longtime dream for him. Nevertheless, joy came at a difficult moment. His youngest son Alberto died on an airplane accident. To honor his son, the farm was named San Alberto. Since then, San Alberto estate has become an iconic farm of the region due to its rigorous agricultural practices. Three generations later, Juan Pablo and Gustavo Villota Leyva (grandsons of Mr. Gustavo), have transformed San Alberto coffee to Colombia’s most award-winning coffee. The key for success has been the commitment towards flavor and a fierce protection of the natural and social conditions surrounding the farm. San Alberto is the largest employer of the little town of Buenavista, hiring men and single mothers. Discipline made them obtain two important sustainable agriculture stamps, Rain Forest Alliance and UTZ.
A BLESSED SOIL
San Alberto coffee is grown exclusively at San Alberto estate. Its flavor is intimately linked with this blessed terroir full of nutrients, rich in water springs. With a special microclimate that provides a characteristic flavor with a unique identity. The farm lies in Buenavista in Quindío, the smallest town of Colombia’s smallest state (Quindío), amidst the Colombian coffee belt. Confluence of irreplaceable weather conditions: warm winds from the Quindío Valley and cold air from the Central Mountain Range sculp this land. As a result drastic daily temperature variations occur: 12- 30ºC
SAN ALBERTO COFFEE
San Alberto’s flavor is intimately linked with the Colombia San Alberto estate, a blessed soil that provides a very characteristic flavor with unique identity.
FLAVOR OF SAN ALBERTO
A coffee with luscious, sweet aromatic notes, reminiscent of caramel and mellow dark chocolate, notable for its delicate fruit-like acidity and harmonious balance, which yields a distinctive and elegant carácter on the palate.
Open in Terraza San Alberto, Usaquén, Cartagena and Museo del Oro, with unique experiences offered at each location.
AWARDS OF SAN ALBERTO
Among the many awards Hacienda San Alberto has won from the International Taste and Quality Institute in Brussels are Three Gold Stars in 2012, as well as six consecutive Gold Awards from the Monde Selection (2104-2019), and the National Federation of Coffee Growers “Colombia, Land of Diversity” prize, given to the farm in 2017 for excellence in quality and social entrepreneurship.
A DEPURATED TECHNIQUE
Behind San Alberto´s flavors, there is a depurated technique which acknowledges that taking good care of a magical flavor is a big responsibility. Rigor plus artistic craftsmanship are key in every step. A signature process, The Five Step Selection, guarantees that only the best beans of the farm end up reaching the market. But it´s Juan Pablo Villota, the master coffee cupper, who artistically blends the flavors of the varietals cultivated at the estate, and creates a whimsical new flavor. On average no more than 60% of the farms production become San Alberto coffee.
Expert Juan Pablo Villota Leyva is taking full advantage of these ideal conditions to push Arabica beans to new heights, winning more awards than any other coffee grower in Colombia with his Café San Alberto.
You might say that Villota Leyva has coffee running through his veins after having been born in a coffee growing family.
He operates Hacienda San Alberto, perched on a steep ravine of the Central Cordillera of Quindio state. San Alberto was founded when Villota Leyva’s grandfather Gustavo Leyva, defied local customs and planted his Arabica coffee trees 5,900 feet above sea level. His father, Eduardo Villota, would continue the family planting tradition before Juan Pablo would take over.
He combined his father’s and grandfather’s farming knowledge with an international degree from the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management to develop a premium global brand with his Arabica Caturra, Arabica Castillo and Arabica Gesha.
Read MORE About Mr. Villota here> https://www.sommtable.com/the-arabica-whisperer
- PORTABLE DESIGN - Sturdy handle and adjustable shoulder strap with stainless steel buckle of this wine carrier help you carry your wine to anywhere. Great for transporting wine to parties, wine dinners, restaurants, pool or beach parties, picnics, concerts and sporting events.
- IDEAL GIFT FOR WINE LOVERS - If you are a wine lover who like to take wine to outdoors, like BYOB restaurants, friends' house party, wine tastings, picnics at park, cruise ship, travel and want something to keep wine chilled, you can’t miss the wine tote. Sleek look and pratical design make the wine tote suitable for all age wine lovers. for your families, friends, girl friend and coworkers on any events or festivals, such as birthday, wedding, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day
- LEAKPROOF & INSULATED - The leakproof interior can prevent liquid permeating through and dirting the wine carrier. PU thermal insulated material and 5mm PE foam padding protect your bottles of wine from external collision, keep 4 bottles of wine intact and well chilled for hours.
- REMOVABLE DIVIDER WITH FASTENER - The inside padded divider with 2 belts of fastener can keep 4 bottles of wine separate and prevent them from crashing with each other. Furthermore, you can use the wine bag as a insulated cooler bag for picnic or travel when you take out the divider.
- AMPLE STORAGE SPACE - 8.6" x 7.1" x 12.5" (L x W x H), the wine carrier has ample space for 4 normal size bottles of wine.
Made without added sulfur, the small-production wine has ripe, baked apple flavors and a texture that is warm and rich. The slight oxidation adds interest and complexity to the wine. It is ready to drink.
This wine results from the quest for the most genuine expression of the terroir, following artisanal winemaking practices. We use traditional vinification techniques, no added sulfites in fermentation and without addition of animal proteins (vegan friendly). Of subtle straw color and rich aroma, with nuances of ripe stone fruit along with a subtle touch of wood, this is a persistent, full-bodied and mineral wine. Being such a special wine, we propose enjoying it for every special occasion.
Quinta de Golães Special Collection White Alvarinho +85% | Trajadura | Loureiro “Three grape varieties. The best family tradition, ‘grandma’s farm Alvarinho”
Meet Mónica Marín, head instructor for the Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET) https://www.wsetglobal.com
Originally from Spain, Monica Marin currently serves as Director of Education at The Wine House, named one of the world’s best wine shops by Food & Wine magazine. She is also a head instructor for the Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET), teaching foundational, intermediate, advance, and diploma levels in the U.S. and Latin America. This year, Monica was recognized by WSET with the Educator of the Year Award – she was the only Latin female nominee among 10 candidates worldwide.
Mastering the art of tasting is essential in order to get the most out of your wine drinking. The important thing to remember is that anyone can be a good taster, as long as they have an unimpaired sense of smell and taste, and are prepared to concentrate. The ideal conditions for tasting are easy – a quiet room and good lighting. The glasses should, of course, be clean, and of the correct
shape to allow you to indulge fully in both the aroma and taste of the wines.
La clase de una hora, va a consistir en una entretenida sesion de cata, donde voy a mostrarles la mejor tecnica de degustacion de vinos mediante
la aplicacion de una degustacion sensorial a traves de la vista ( analisis de la apariencia del vino ), a traves del olfato ( analisis de los aromas ) y finalmente el analisis de los sabores utilizando nuestro paladar. No se pierdan esta amena clase de 60 minutos donde acabaran degustando vinos como verdaderos
profesionales ! Despues de esta clase , podran degustar vinos de Burdeos, Rioja, Borgoña o Barolo , como lo hacen los Sommeliers de verdad !
Monica Marin, Diploma WSET/Best Educator wine Scholar Guild 2019/Nominated Best Educator WSET 20